Tuesday

The NEXT convergence - Film and Video Games

THQ Inc. has signed a worldwide license deal with Sony Pictures Consumer Products to serve as the interactive game licensee for Columbia Pictures' digitally rendered live action feature film Monster House from executive producers Robert Zemeckis and Steven Spielberg. Under the agreement THQ will publish games for console and select handheld gaming systems. Monster House will be released in more than 100 theaters in REAL D's digital 3D format on the same day as its 2D national release slated for July 21, 2006. The Monster House videogames are set for release in conjunction with the film release in summer 2006. The film is directed by Gil Kenan, produced by Jack Rapke and Steve Starkey and is also executive produced by Jason Clark.

So what does this mean to brands as they seek entertainment-based marketing opportunities? In our opinion, this is the beginning of true multi-dimensional and multi-channeled marketing - one that brings integrated brands into multiple facets of consumers' lives and one that opens the possibilities for brands to "activate" their placements in more ways than ever. Just consider the possibilities of interactive/online programs that leverage film and video game assets to drive brand-building experiences and purchasing behaviors.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! cool blog...I just saw this Xbox site, it has a lot of stuf on Xbox Check it out!!

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good blog - very interesting!! Thought you might like some excellent advice on driving extra traffic to your website/blog - I'm into selling tips and to drive traffic to my website I was searching around the internet for absolutely ages looking for SEO tools to fire my site up the Google search engine, then I signed up free for this superb traffic gereating tool - I now have loads of hits to my websites/blogs and my site is shooting up the Google rankings quicker than ever before.

Consequently this can see your affiliate commissions shoot through the roof - meaning lots of extra money coming in for you and your family. Sign up now - it's free.
. Sorry if this information is of no use to you but seeing as you have the anonymous feature enabled I thought I should share this free bit of essential promotional advice with you and would hope you would do the same for me.

I hope the tool will serve you equally as well as it has me!!

Best of luck, cheers for now, dave.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home