Thursday

Understanding Distribution

It is critical to understand your future entertainment marketing partners' distribution plans. There are thousands of producers shopping their projects (independent niche films to Spielberg releases) around Hollywood every year. Often a brand partner offers potential distributors the commercial credibility that the producer desires. Therefore, it is important to minimize risks as brands only have the resources to invest in select content opportunities.


Magnetic Alliance Insight:
Always beware of funding development costs that may not be recoupable and may be used to leverage a network pickup. Be sure to have a thorough understanding of expectations in the event of either success or failure to gain distribution.

If distribution has not been secured, we suggest that brand partners apply penalty/success metrics to the project. Although we rarely recommend that brands work with properties that have not secured distribution, a well prepared and positioned brand can often utilize its clout to get the project off the ground. The quicker a brand becomes involved in the process, the more organic the fit will be and the more beneficial the partnership will be for all parties involved.

2 Comments:

Blogger Legal and Finance Consulting said...

Hello, my name is Magnetic Alliance Staff,
I have SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION aboutpromotion and found your site.
I was looking out for promotion related information. Anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.
Sorry, I have see that your Understanding Distribution wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, but, certainly got my attention and interest.
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

1:49 PM  
Blogger Legal and Finance Consulting said...

Hello, my name is Magnetic Alliance Staff,
I have SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION aboutadvertising and found your site.
I was looking out for advertising related information. Anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.
Sorry, I have see that your Understanding Distribution wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, but, certainly got my attention and interest.
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home